Global commerce continues to experience the effects of the pandemic and the aftermath of changes in purchasing habits. It has become increasingly clear to those managing warehouses and distribution centers that the future lies in the ability to respond quickly to demand and to be able to accommodate high order volumes and increased growth. The use of flexible solutions like the RSC box will play a major role as warehouses further automate and adapt to the diminishing labor pool. Plastic RSC boxes are sustainable, getting up to fifty times more usage than corrugated cardboard boxes, and are recyclable when their life span is completed.
In its March 2022 article parsing results from an annual survey, Modern Material Handling states: “The most concise way to describe the overall findings from this year’s Annual Warehouse and Distribution Center (DC) Equipment Survey is that it’s “go-time” for investment in warehouse automation.”
To put it simply, eCommerce, which has grown by leaps and bounds over the last two years, and continues to grow, must automate in order to keep up with growth, while avoiding supply chain glitches and labor shortages. Most respondents have acknowledged an increased budget for both equipment used to further improve their automation, as well as an increased labor budget for training and retaining employees. The hope for most is that with further automation, along with a well-trained staff, the end result will be a better response to the growing demand.
Survey results not only include large companies, but even smaller companies are jumping on the automation train in order to remain competitive. Though many show increased spending in 2021, they may feel they are still playing catch up unless they further automate their distribution centers and warehouses.
Sustainability and Versatility Are Important Considerations
While increasing budgets are being dedicated to automation and labor, sustainability and versatility cannot be forgotten. Customers are looking for products that do not have a negative environmental impact. Warehouse management is realizing the savings seen in products that are not only sustainable but have the versatility to be used in a wide number of uses. Using storage containers, such as Flexcon’s RSC boxes, offer opportunities for versatility, sustainability, and customization.
What is an RSC box?
RSC is an acronym that stands for regular slotted containers. Flexcon’s RSC boxes are made from durable plastic and come in a wide choice of styles, designs, sizes, and colors, and offer features to fit into your specific application. RSCs come with four flaps that meet and can be taped close. They guard against damage and contaminants, and can be used, and reused for packaging and shipping products.
Investing in a Flexcon RSC box offers the versatility these operations will require as this transitional period elapses. Savings will be seen because of the number of uses seen by each container.
- They are made from corrugated plastic, which is durable enough for stacking and can last for up to fifty times longer than normal corrugated paper boxes.
- RSC boxes have four flaps that meet and can be sealed and resealed for repeated uses.
- QR Code Accessories Work with Automated Systems for easy storing and picking.
- They are easy to use since they do not require additional tooling to fold them.
- They are eco-friendly, being easy to break down for shipping and recycling. They are made from recycled materials, and can be recycled again when their lifespan is completed.
- They are lightweight, keeping shipping costs down and allowing for easy handling.
- Flexcon’s RSC boxes are customizable. They come in assorted colors and shapes and have a wide range of maximum weight capacity from 20-150 pounds. Stock sizes are as follows, but other sizes can be customized to fit your specific needs.
- 22 x 14 x 16
- 20 x 14 x 10
- 19.5 x 13.5 x 13.5
- 18 x 18 x 16
- 16 x 12 x 12
- 14 x 14 x 14
- 12 x 12 x 12
- Used in many different industries, including food, drugs, electronics, and apparel. Use them in shipping, sorting, storing, and picking.
Warehousing trends will continue to lean toward investing in automation and employee training. E-Commerce has forced industries to become quicker, more responsive, and offer sustainable solutions to increase growth to remain competitive. Choosing Flexcon’s RSC boxes will allow you to optimize your warehousing and shipping segments with durability, sustainability, and versatility. Plus they are customizable with QR codes to work with your automated system. Call our experts or go to our parent company website, Flexcon for help in getting started with RSC boxes today.